Monday, October 16, 2017

(update #63)



Bonjour tout le monde!!

Fall is the most BEAUTIFUL here in Toulouse and I'm loving every second of it. Heavenly Father was very kind to send me somewhere warm for the winter... he knows me well.
This week has been great! Highlights include:

Exchange with my crazy Italian bleue (a missionary I trained back in my first area), Soeur Friolo!!
 
 Love her to death. We may have only been companions for her first three weeks in the mission, but she'll always feel like my companion. It was so fun to spend a day with her again and we saw so many miracles with her Spanish skills!!

Another exchanges this week with Soeur Rule! Who happens to be Soeur Gowan's bleue. So that was fun. She is literally so cute and artsy and just fun to talk to.

Exchanges are so fun to get to know so many other missionaries... but at the end It's always kind of a relief to be back with my real comp who is just the best!
 
We went to the driving range today which was...comical. I'm thinking I should probably not change my career to professional golfer  ;)


But the hugest miracle this week was with Marie who came to a baptism again on Saturday. That night she sent us a text and just thanked us for helping her figure out what she believes and learn more about baptism and what her next step is. Marie is so incredibly prepared and it is so humbling to watch her faith grow as she puts in her own efforts to pray and learn and come closer to God. She honestly just feels like a friend... I'll try to take a picture with her this week to send next week, but she's so cool! And being with her as she genuinely tries to figure out what she believes is only confirming and expanding my vision of what I believe. It's beautiful how that works. We go in missions to help others come unto Christ, but really we just end up learning so much ourselves.
"The gospel is a transcendent message of hope, happiness, and joy. It is the pathway that leads us home. As we embrace the gospel in faith and deed, each day and every hour, we will draw a little closer to our God. Our lives will be better, and the Lord will use us in remarkable ways to bless those around us and bring about His eternal purposes."   Dieter F. Uchtdorf

In other news, this upcoming week is zone conference which means the Browns are coming to Toulouse: yay!!! We're in charge of lunch which I'm excited about... I love cooking for groups of people.

I've got to run, have an incredible week. JE VOUS AIME!!

Soeur Camille Goold


No comments:

Post a Comment