Monday, October 23, 2017

Est-ce que je pourrais utiliser vos toilettes? (update #64)


Bonjour tout le monde!
Before I talk about anything else, I have to tell you about Lucille.  She is literally so cool. She's from la Martinique, we met her a couple weeks ago when her friend, Kristen, invited her to come to a
baptism. Then she came to church the next day, then this week we had a rendezvous to talk more. She has literally been so prepared. I have never seen someone so excited as she was when we put a Book of Mormon in her hands and told her she could keep it. She was bouncing with joy... it was really humbling to see.
"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, 
I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."  Luke 2:10

Sometimes I forget how powerful this book is, but I should literally be jumping with joy every time I give it to someone. It is literally the evidence that Heavenly Father loves us each individually, that He still speaks to us today and that He will continue to gather his sheep and take care of us. So cool!

Anyway, at the end of our rdv we asked her if she'd like to be baptized and she said "of course!" We had another lesson with her last week, she came to church in Sunday and we're seeing her again on
Wednesday. Honestly, time and time again I am just blown away with how God does His work. And I'm just so blessed to be along for the ride.

A story that I've been thinking a lot about lately is one of a Father building an IKEA dresser. The father has built this dresser before, he knows exactly how to do it. He's skilled with his hands, he has the tools and it should take him about 30 minutes to get the dresser built. But, his cute little 4 year old son really wants to help him. He's so excited to try to build the dresser. So the father lets him.  He patiently walks him through each step, lets him hold the tools, fixes his mistakes. With the "help" of his son, the dresser took 4 hours to assemble... 3.5 hours longer than it should have. But the joy
and sense of accomplishment in his son's face was worth every moment.

I think Heavenly Father feels a lot like that when He uses us to do His work. He is perfect, He knows each of us perfectly and He knows how to do His work perfectly. His work being to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." That's God's Ikea dresser. And we're like the clumsy little 4 year old down here, wanting so badly to be a part of it and help. And because He is a perfectly loving Father, he lets us. In all of our beautiful imperfection, our perfect Heavenly Father uses us to do His work of loving, serving, and bringing His children back to Him. Because he loves us and He wants us to feel the same joy that He does.

Literally every moment I've spent knocking on doors, contacting people who aren't kind, or just feeling like a bad missionary is worth it a million times over for these celestial moments where I get to be present and witness one of God's children start to come back to him. How grateful am I that Heavenly Father is patient enough to let a clumsy little 4 year old like me "help" him with His work and his glory.

Other fun activités that happened this week include zone conference  (we got to make all the food and  give a presentation which is always so fun :).  President Brown also pulled out his bow and arrow which was so cool.

Then we had an exchange with Soeur Friolo and Soeur Tway from Perpignan, a sleepover with the Carcassonne sisters last night. 
We did some Tahitian dancing on Saturday. Hahaha that was an adventure. Let's just say that my white girl American body was not made to move the way that Tahitian dancing requires... I'm still sore.

Before I go, one super funny story. Friday night we were trying to visit a member to bring them cookies. We followed our map on our iPad until we "arrived" where they were supposed to live... except instead of their house we found ourselves at a French military base complete with guards and big guns and everything. Normally we would have laughed and left... but I had to pee SO BADLY. And if you know me well, you know that it's not a good idea to make me wait to pee. So we walked up to the military base and asked if we could use the toilettes. I think they were so taken off guard to have two 20 year old foreigners ask to use the bathroom that they let us... so I peed on a French military base this week. Love the random adventures of a mission haha.

I think that's all the time I have for this week, I'll try to send more pics next week. I love you all! Thank you so much for your faith and prayers and love!

Love,

Soeur Cami Goold



No comments:

Post a Comment