Monday, September 4, 2017

A Hankering (update #57)


Bonjour tout le monde!!

This week we had zone conference and talked a lot about our "hankerin'" Which is President Browns way of saying how excited we are to be missionaries and find people who are searching for God and answers and hope in their life. We've got a big hankerin' over here in Bordeaux haha. 

Life is great, but honestly this week was a little rough. Also the best, but in the words of the little Scott girl: "I love hiking...hiking is good, but sometimes we cry a lot." I love my mission, my mission is honestly the best time of my life and I know it's the best thing for my life. But this week we may have cried a little more than usual haha. Sometimes we cry a lot, and that's okay! Nothing in particular, it's just hard when other people don't want to listen to the gospel that we KNOW will help them through their problems.
Something that helped a lot was the talk that my family sent me: "Overcoming the World."

In John 16:33 the Savior said "In the ​​​world​ ye shall have ​​​tribulation​: but be of good ​​​cheer​; I have ​​​overcome​ the world."

Sometimes I get frustrated with how weak and human I am, with speaking a new language (even a year later), with not being the missionary I want to be. But none of that is important. The Savoir has overcome all weakness, all sadness, all rejection, persecution. Everything that I am living and so much more. He has overcome it all. And my job isn't to be perfect today; my job is to rely on Christ and let him make up for what I can't be today. And it works. And it's so comforting.
Elder Anderson said:
"Overcoming the world is not one defining moment in a lifetime, but a lifetime of moments that define an eternity."

It might take me an eternity, but the process of coming to know the Savior and one day becoming like the Savior is a good one. Sometimes we cry a lot, sometimes it's a little hard, but it's oh so worth it. La vie est belle.

Have a great week, I love you all!
Love,
Soeur Camille Goold


No comments:

Post a Comment