Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Au revoir Bordeaux (update #60)


Bonjour!!

This week I was transferred to TOULOUSE!! I'm so excited. Well, actually there were a lot of mixed emotions. I was sooo sad to leave Bordeaux, especially my wonderful companion Soeur Addie Rutter, but if I had to leave, I'm pretty excited that it's to Toulouse.

This last week in Bordeaux has been one for the books. We continued the tradition of breaking French baguettes. There was a specific "baguette" in our ward that Soeur Rutter and I HAD to crack...
but this one was particularly hard. One day while reflecting on how we could make it happen we mentioned that we wished it was his birthday so we could bring him a cake and sing to him and then he would HAVE to like us. Then we had the best idea ever: "let's just pretend it's his birthday and show up to his house with a cake and sing to him anyway!"

So then we did...
And it worked!!! They thought it was hilarious. And we hung out with them for an hour that night and another hour the next night at the ward party. They were joking with us and saying that I should marry someone in Bordeaux so I don't have to go to Toulouse (didn't really get the logic there, but it was funny I guess haha...)

Baguette bien broken!!

And the best part is that it's going around the ward that "les sœurs messed up his birthday" and it's so funny... but nobody knows that it was totally on purpose. Hahah

So maybe this is bad life advice... but when someone doesn't like you, you should just pretend it's their birthday and bring them a cake.  Lol.

In even more exciting news, we have a new ami Ambroise who is SO COOL. We met him last Monday at the bus stop on our way home. Since then we've had two rendezvous, he's read almost all of 1 Nephi and he wants to be baptized! He has a lot of changes he needs/ wants to make, but he is so sincere and in tune.  Here's a pic of when he came to church Sunday!
Also, our new amie Ronicka is so cool!! We've had two rendezvous with her this week and she is sooo amazing.
I'm a little sad to leave right as all these miracles are happening, but so excited for Talence and all the amazing miracles that are happening right now!! And luckily, God will be doing His work in Toulouse just as he is in Bordeaux :)

Saying goodbye to the famille O was so sad.
We went over and they didn't really understand WHY I can't come back and visit them :( but it's okay. C'est la vie missionnaire. While we were there, Anila (the mom) gave us chicken and just said in her broken French/ English "here, Soeur Goold, respect." It brought tears to my eyes and was also just so cute. I love them SO much.

Saying goodbye was hard, but I'm so excited for the new adventure that Toulouse will be! They call it "la ville en rose" because it's all red brick and beautiful and happy. (this is the view from our balcony)

Oh and how could I possibly have forgotten, my new companion is SISTER GOWANS!!! She is literally one of my dream companions and I'm so excited to serve with her. (sad not to be with Soeur Rutter anymore), but seriously soo pumped too. She's chill and funny and a great missionary. She's been here for one transfer more than me which means she only has 2 transfers left in her mission which hopefully means I'll be with her till the end :))

Thank you so much for all the love and prayers and faith. The world is crazy, but hope is always here. Love you!

Soeur Cami Goold
Envoyé de mon iPad

More goodbyes....




Fabrice






De Franchi sisters




No comments:

Post a Comment