Friday, August 25, 2017

Fill the World as with a Flood (update #55)

Bonjour!!

So this Saturday was the baptism of an 8 year old in our ward named Enzo. We got there early to print the programs and clean the church and the Elders were there to turn on the water to fill the baptismal font. I found myself vacuuming the room with the font in it while Sister Rutter was out vacuuming the hallway. Out of the corner of my eye I see something moving. I turn around to see the font completely overflowed and quickly filling the entire room. Screaming for Sister Rutter and the Elders to come, I splashed through inches of water to try and fix it to no avail. The Elders arrived and got the water turned off but only after over 1/2 of the room was covered in 3+ inches of water. I wish I had taken a picture hahaha.

The next 30 minutes before the baptism were spent with the 4 of us barefoot trying to scrape/ mop up all the water. It was a pretty hopeless case...the amount of water on the ground next to 4 missionaries, 1 mop, a pile of rags and a baptism starting in 30 minutes was not looking good.

It reminded me of one of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon,

Mosiah 7:19:

<< 19 Therefore, lift up your heads, and rejoice, and put your trust in God, in that God who was the God of Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob; and also, that God who brought the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt, and caused that they should walk through the Red Sea on dry ground.>>

Just as God parted the Red Sea, he provided for us! By a huge miracle we found a squeegee thing that worked wonders for scraping out the carpet and getting the water back to the font. Sometimes oceans part, sometimes we find a squeegee in the closet, but God always provides a way.

This week our sweet Albanian family received some bad news about their French papers. They can still stay for at least 6 more months, but it's a really hard/ stressful time for them right now because they're really unsure about the future of their family. It's really sad to see them suffer and we're trying to just do what we can with our very limited abilities which is lots of smiling and trying to visit them
(they have so many legality rendezvous they don't have much time to come to the church right now).

In other news Dimitri came to church for the first time on Sunday!! This is ami we've been teaching since I got here and it was so cool for him to come and finally meet more members (...even 2 hours late hahah).

The weather here is BEAUTIFUL. Every time I walk outside it's like breathing in happiness. I'm a little disturbed by how cheesy that sounded but it's so nice I have no other way to describe it.

In a couple hours we're headed off to the airport to catch our plane to Lyon for MLC :)) super excited to see President and Soeur Brown and MLC is always so inspiring and just reminds me how much I LOVE being a missionary. Also, this MLC we will supposedly be receiving training for online proselyting (i.e. Facebook!)

Have an incredible week, je vous aime de tout mon cœur!!

Love,

Soeur Camille Goold

No comments:

Post a Comment