Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mary's Baptism! (Update #41)

Hello everyone!!!

This week has honestly been the best week of my whole mission. I'll just dive right in and start with the most exciting thing which is that MARY GOT BAPTIZED!!
 Her baptism was beautiful. That's not to say that everything was perfect, there were definitely some glitches. For example, we forgot to fill out her baptism form before hand so during the opening hymn we were rushing to figure out her full name. And the font wasn't filled up high enough (elders, cough cough ;) so she ended up getting on her knees which made her swallow a bunch of water, etc, etc. Before my mission, little details like that might have stressed me out, but one of the lessons I'm learning is to just have faith and move forward. Water's too low? She can get baptized on her knees. And she even went all the way under the first time so they didn't have to do it again! Didn't do the baptism sheet yet, it's okay we'll just ask her full name now. And it was beautiful. Everything worked out. My favorite moment was when she got up to share her testimony. She talked about the love she feels from God. She said "God has been preparing her for her whole life, but she didn't know where to go. And now, she's found her home." Seeing her joy and light was indescribable. God is so good to let me be a little part of her story. Mary's experience is evidence to me that  God is aware of and loves every one of His children. And this if we chose to apply His commandments, our life will be changed.

Yesterday I was asked what I love most about being a missionary. I love a lot of things, but my favorite part is watching the atonement of Jesus Christ work in people's lives. I see it in our Amis, in my companions and in myself.


In other news this week, I got to talk to the BEST FAMILY IN THE WORLD!!! (Aka mine) it was the best thing ever. I miss them so much, but talking to them on the phone helped me remember how HAPPY I am to be right here in Switzerland right now. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world.
Thursday was zone conference and we gave a presentation on eternal marriage!! Crazy... never would have thought that I would have to give a presentation to 20 elders about marriage as a missionary. But it was a really cool experience. My favorite realization in preparing for our presentation was in this quote:


Sometimes I start to think of eternal marriage and families and the doctrine of Christ as two separate things. But that's not the way it works. Our missionary purpose to "invite others to come unto Christ
through faith in Jesus Christ and in his atonement, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end." Is one and the same with Heavenly Fathers goal to build eternal families. The family is Christ's doctrine. And all things are made one in Jesus Christ. I'd never really thought about it that way before.

Then on Sunday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about MOTHERS DAY! I would write my whole talk here, but instead I'll just give a shout out to my incredible, angelic mother. She is the strongest influence in my life (along with my dad). Her faith has been my rock throughout my whole life and I would not be here without here. Literally I wouldn't have a body, but also spiritually, I could not be here without her. I love you mom.


The last cool miracle was on Thursday after zone conference, we were going to the Echanique's house for dinner. We got there a little early so we decided to sit at the bus stop and wait for 20 Minutes to go up. The dad came out and told us we could go in, but we felt like we should wait until it was time to go. We were just talking so it wasn't really a good reason, but it felt right. So we just stayed at the bus stop and kept chatting until it was time to go. We stood up and started to cross the street when mid sentence, mid step, Soeur Goreeba stops and turns around to the guy at the bus stop and says, in English "do you know the missionaries." Turns out he does. Hes a less active for
a long time and has been hoping to come back to church. We gave him the address and directions and said we hoped to see him there. After I asked Soeur Goreeba where that came from and she said she had no clue, but that it was clearly the spirit. And guess who showed up at church with his girlfriend on Sunday?? Bus stop guy!! So cool.

That's all I have time for this week, Stay tuned next week to find out where I'll be going next!! President will call us on Friday to let us know :)

I love you all so much, have the best week ever!

Love,

Soeur Camille Goold


Here are a few more pictures from this past week: 

This is them with Soeur Canino, a former companion of Soeur Goreeba's, at Mary's baptism.  She's home from her mission and came all the way from Italy to be there for the baptism!

Another picture of them getting silly with Mary. 
And the two of them with Soeur Segers (the mom of the two little cuties from last week).  



Eating dinner at the Bishop's home.   She loves their family and she commented with #goals when she talks about them.  

Soeur Keck and Cam

Matching shirts! 






Making Chilean hotdogs with George.
Ednice gave them temporary tattoos.  

She's going to miss Soeur Goreeba when she's transferred next week. 

They rode on a double-decker bus as part of their P-day adventures today. 

They ran into Eva while they were going around town today!





Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment