Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Angels Near and Far (update #71)



Bonjour!!

First off, here are some pictures from Lucille's baptism, since I didn't have any to show last week:






I wanted to start this email with a funny story, but the only thing I could think of was was more embarrassing than funny.   Today at the marché de Noël in centre ville we were at a stand and Soeur Gowans and I were speaking in English and there were two French ladies that came up to look at the stand. One of them cracked a joke about leather and Christmas cows and without meaning to I laughed super loudly. It kind of just came out and they both looked at me super weird like I was an alien and then walked away. Haha. C'est la vie.

One thing that I wanted to share was from this Thursday. It was a little bit of a rough day in general. Actually a really good day, but I wasn't feeling like myself. I felt like I was doing a lot of things wrong and basically just exhausted from running around and still never doing everything that needs to be done. When we finally got home to our apartment after a whole day of running from place to place in the cold rain I just sat down on the couch and wanted to never move again. Anyway, I opened my iPad and read an email from Ash (currently in the MTC going on her mission to Armenia) where she shared the scripture Alma 32:7 (I think) which says: "be humble, and be submissive and
gentle. full of patience and long suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God."

Reading her email it felt like God was sending me a clear message:  "you're doing a good job. Stop feeling bad for yourself. Pick yourself up off the couch, be humble and be diligent in keeping my commandments. I'm here to help." I love that our ministering angels can be seen or unseen. That cold, rainy day in France my angel that I needed was my best friend thousands of miles away in Utah. Sometimes angels come from heaven, sometimes they're the people around us and sometimes they're people really far away.

Speaking of angels, here's a video that a lady in our ward made that shows a big Christmas service project we helped with last week.  It was such a cool thing to be a part of and you can see a couple glimpses of me and Soeur Gowans in there if you look!  I love being a small part of  #LIGHTtheWORLD

Something I love about this whole #lighttheworld thing is that every single day so many people are taking just a little more time than usual to turn outwards and help others. And in doing that we become the Savior's hands and the angels of this mortal world. Thank you for your lights.

This upcoming week is Soeur Gowans' last week as a missionary so we are living it up over here in Toulouse seeing all our amies, and going to member's houses and trying to eat as many patisseries as possible ;)
Speaking of finishing missions... shout out to Katy who is going home from Argentina this week!! So proud of you, you're my role model.  Well, that's all the time I have, love you lots!

Cami















No comments:

Post a Comment