Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Engraved (update # 23)

Cami was  short on time this week, so I did not get a lowdown on the who, what,  or significance of any of these pictures.   Hopefully she'll still remember at the end of her mission and can fill in the details then.

**************************************

Bonjour!! Sorry I don't have much time left so it's going to be super short this week :)

This coming week is transfer week so all the missionaries are starting to get a little excited! Soeur Wilson and I think/hope we're staying together one more transfer, but you never know!   Just in case there is an unforeseen change,  let me just document how FUN it is to have Soeur Wilson as my companion. She's so fun to be around, gets along with everyone, is never phased by anything and is also an INCREDIBLE artist. I've seriously lucked out with all my companions, I have no idea what I'm going to do when I get another one...


#mishpiration 
I came across these two scriptures from the Book of Mormon in my studies this week:

1 Nephi 21:16
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

Alma 5:19
I say unto you, can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands? I say unto you, can you look up, having the image of God engraven upon your countenances?

I love that both of these scriptures use the word "engraved." I love this word because it implies so much more than just written. If something's written, you can erase it, but if something's engraved
then it's permanent. It becomes part of the thing it's engraved on.

In the first scripture it talks about how we're engraved on the Savior's hands, because He suffered for us, He died for us, and most importantly, He lives for us.  He's already given us all. We are
permanently engraved on his hands.

But the next scripture isn't sure, it's in the form of a question: "is Christ engraved on your countenance?"

That one made me really stop and think. As a missionary it's really easy to say, yes,  I have Christ in my heart. Literally his name is on my tag right over my heart every single day, BUT, when I take that
tag off, is He still there?  Is it a permanent engraving?

The other week someone bore their testimony about how Christ has already given us everything. He's given us hope and joy and eternal life. And the only thing we can give him in return is our agency, our actions. It's to align our will and purpose with His. And I think the more we try to do that, the more His name becomes engraved in our countenances.

And the more God is in our countenances, the more light will come from us. The more hope and joy we'll be able to find in the world and the more light we'll have to share with others. Not sure if any of that made sense, but that's what I was studying this week :)

I hope you all have a wonderful week!  I love you and am so grateful for your support!
Love,
Soeur Cami Goold












No comments:

Post a Comment