Monday, December 5, 2016

A Blue Training a Blue (Update #19)

Bonjour tout le monde!!!

It's been an EXCITING week. I'll start by sharing what happened when
we received transfer calls on Friday morning:
    
     President Brown: "Hi, Soeur Goold, are you sitting down?"
     Me: "yes"
     Pres: "I need you to take a deep breath... you're going to be staying
in Val de Saône, and you're going to be senior companion and you're
going to be training a new blue"
     Me:  *screams of joy and terror*
     Me: "are you sure?"

(Soeur Kelley is going down to Aix en Provence to be a sister training
leader!!! So excited for her, I'm going to miss her soooo much)

I'm so excited and terrified all at the same time. When we were
talking to one of the members in our ward the other day he said "c'est
comme bleu et bleu" or "it's like a blue and a blue." And he couldn't
be more right!! In other words, I'm basically still a blue (mission
lingo for a brand new missionary from the MTC) and somehow I'm
supposed to be training someone who's even more blue than me!!
I think I've shared this scripture before, but this week with this
call it has taken on a new meaning for me. All I'm trying to hold onto
are the words of the Savior in Luke 8: "fear not, believe only." There
are a lot of reasons to be scared. What if she doesn't speak French
and neither of us can communicate with anyone? What if she only speaks
French and we can't talk to each other? What if I forget to do
something important? What if I can't live up to my own expectations
for myself, President Browns expectations, or even worse, God's
expectations. What if I ruin her mission?

But at the end of the day, greater than all these fears is FAITH.
Faith that God called us both to be here in Val de Saône right now.
Faith that God qualifies those he calls. Faith that she will have so
much to teach me and bring to the table. Faith that God will not let
my personal weakness get in the way of HIS work.

In fast and testimony meeting someone bore their testimony about how
Christ invites us to come to him in our weakness and he'll make up for
the rest. There's nothing like being a missionary, learning a new
language, visiting strangers every single day to make you realize how
weak you are, but it's comforting to see how much strength he gives
us. How many miracles we see when we just give our best and let him do
the rest.
Faith can conquer fear. Every time. But faith is a choice, a choice
that isn't always easy to make, but a choice that I'm going to try to
make every single day (definitely not always successfully). As a
missionary, as a trainer, and for the rest of my life.

In the words of Elder Neil Anderson: "My dear friends, your faith did
not begin at birth, and it will not end at death. Faith is a choice.
Strengthen your faith, and live to be deserving of the Savior’s
approving words: “Great is thy faith.” As you do, I promise you that
your faith, through the grace of Jesus Christ, will one day allow you
to stand with those you love, clean and pure in the presence of God,
in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."
 (Faith is not by chance, but by choice, (click on title to read it) October 2015. Very powerful talk, highly recommended)

I love all of you so much, thank you for your love and prayers and support!!
Avec tout mon amour,
Sœur Cami Goold

 Note from Cami's mom:  
The "blue" (brand new missionary) that Cami is training doesn't arrive until Wednesday, so in the meantime Cami has a temporary companion, Soeur Mikayla Beatty, who was a childhood friend of Cami's.  They haven't seen each other in about 10-years, but were excited to be companions, even if only for a couple of days!


The "B" family! 

Soeur Goold has grown quite attached to this little cutie pie in the B family.   :) 

She is living in a very beautiful part of the world.   




No comments:

Post a Comment