Monday, January 15, 2018

Two more weeks... (update #75)


Bonjour à tous!!

I don't have a lot of time this week but I promise to tell you more about all the AMAZING things that are happening in 2 weeks when I get back :)

For now I will just quickly update this last week. We went to Montpellier for an exchange with Soeur Manea and Perry and I forgot to take pics (hence the picture from google), but it was GORGEOUS!!


We had zone conference with President and Soeur Brown. We made the food and some cute boxes for everyone....
and I gave my departing testimony...which was weird. Still doesn't feel real that I'm going home in 2 weeks.


We had a rendezvous with Marie and Soeur Jill Thomas and we learned SO MUCH. Soeur Thomas has so many incredible insights about the gospel, I'll never forget this one thing she said: "it's impossible to go deeper unless we do more." I think so often in life I find myself wanting to have deeper experiences, feel closer to Heavenly Father, have deeper relationships with family and friends. But I have to remember that if I want "deeper" anything, it's going to take more effort.

Marie is doing great. Honestly it's going to be so hard to leave her. (thank goodness she's moving to America for her studies this summer!!)

Lucille is KILLING it as a missionary!! (She not on a mission, but she may as well be). Sunday at church she just pulled aside our amie, Valerie Anne, and was bearing her testimony about how God will help her and baptism is how she will be able to better access that help. To which Valerie Anne said that she knows she needs to be baptized!! Then that night Lucille sent US a list of scriptures to pass to Valerie Anne to help her in her studies. THEN Lucille texted us to tell us that she was able to invite someone to church and got their phone number!!! What?! She is so strong and such a blessing to me and all the people around her. The gospel works. And it brings so much joy.

Well... life is amazing!! I don't really have much else to say. This week in my interview with President Brown, memories flooded back of an interview I had with him 16 months ago at the very beginning of my mission. In this interview I told him my plans to go home 30 days early, so I could get back to school in time to start the semester. He said "lets pray about it." So we did. And we both felt like I needed to stay. At the time I didn't know why, I just knew that God wanted me to be in France until January 30, 2018.

As I sit here now I can't really find words to express how grateful I am for these "extra" weeks of my mission. And by extra I mean the weeks that I wasn't planning on, that God clearly had planned all
along. I've seen more miracles, felt more strength in my relationships with amies and felt more joy in missionary work than ever before. God is good. And he has a plan for us that's always, 100% of the time, better than our plan.

Have a wonderful week!!

See you soon! Talk to you next week!

Love,

Soeur Cami Goold








No comments:

Post a Comment