Monday, November 6, 2017

The Last 12 Weeks (update #66)


Bonjour!!

I don't have a ton of time so this is going to be super short, here are some highlights of this week:

1. Lucille bore her testimony on Sunday about how God answered her prayer about where/ when she needed to be baptized. The ensued being that she needed to be baptized in our church on the 2nd of December. It was really cool because the room was kind of loud with people whispering/ kids crying, but as soon as Lucille started speaking, the room went silent. The spirit was so strong as she testified of her personal experience finding answers to her prayers. There is something so powerful and beautiful in the humility of a new and growing testimony. Hearing Lucille share her's was one of my favorite moments of my mission.
2. We received transfer calls and Soeur Gowans and I are staying together!!! YAY! It's Soeur Gowans' last transfer as a missionary and I only have 2 left which is INSANE. As a missionary there's a training program for new missionaries called "the first 12 weeks." And it's absolutely crazy to think that I'm officially starting my last 12 weeks. I honestly still feel like a little bleue that doesn't know what's going on hahah.

3. The sisters from Carcassonne have been staying with us since Thursday (they just left today).
On Sunday morning Soeur Gowans and I wanted to play a joke on them so I went and put on my nightgown with my missionary tag and everything and acted like I was going to wear it to church. I was asking for advice about shoes/ if I should wear it with a belt or not etc etc. It was SO FUNNY!! Because they were all so uncomfortable because you could tell nobody liked the dress... but not a single person said anything. All 3 of them were going to let me wear my nightgown to church hahah. I even asked "does it look too much like a robe" and they all said "no, you should wear it" hahaha. Don't worry, I didn't actually wear my nightgown to church ;) we did have a good laugh though.. I told them this picture was so that I could show my mom that I wore the dress she sent me to church lol.
Have an incredible week, I love you!!

Love,
Cami












No comments:

Post a Comment